culumacilinte: (firefly || time is out of joint)
a little bit wildean ([personal profile] culumacilinte) wrote2008-11-23 02:54 am
NSFW

there are some have been thought brave

I want to leave. 

Is that cowardly?  I don't know, maybe.  To leave without finishing things up more.  I've tried, though, is the thing; I went and talked to teachers and made an effort there, and for a while it succeeded, and I felt on top of things and whatever, but it's just got worse now.  

Maybe it's cowardly, but I do believe it's the best thing for me right now.  For my personal health- mental and physical and emotional and all of it.  Staying here is doing me no good.  I need a fresh page.  To go home, I think, would be good for me.  Someplace where I know I have good friends, where I can get a job and be productive day by day.  Turn over that proverbial new leaf and find somewhere better for me to start again.

Fuck it.

[identity profile] jaedi.livejournal.com 2008-11-23 04:22 pm (UTC)(link)
No, no. Not cowardly at all. There's a reason I left Vis, after all.

I'll be glad to have you home.

[identity profile] hobbit-feets.livejournal.com 2008-11-24 01:09 am (UTC)(link)
And home I am. My parents actually came and pulled me out, after I sent them a miserable e-mail at three AM last night saying pretty much what that entry says.

I must see you sometime. Letting myself be isolated is one of the things that made this depression of mine even worse; there's no reason to let that pattern continue when I'm here where I've all sorts of friends.

[identity profile] jaedi.livejournal.com 2008-11-24 04:58 am (UTC)(link)
God, I am glad you are home. Really, Morris can suck, but there comes a point when it has little to do with environment itself and far more to do with it just not being *right* for you. You did everything you could to try and make it work, but sometimes all you need is to just rest and sleep and pick up the pieces of your shattered false hopes.

I'm here almost all the time nowadays, so don't hesitate to get ahold of me.

Love.

[identity profile] hobbit-feets.livejournal.com 2008-11-24 05:45 am (UTC)(link)
My shattered false hopes?

Blimey, darling; coming over a touch emo, are we?

But yes, yes we must. Doing anything tomorrow?
teyla: Cartoon Ten typing on top of the TARDIS like Snoopy. ([h] tedward)

[personal profile] teyla 2008-11-23 04:33 pm (UTC)(link)
If you feel like that, it's high time that you left. I speak from experience. I was in med school for 1.5 years, and by the end, I didn't even go to the mandatory classes anymore. (A big deal in Germany; if you miss mandatory classes more than once or twice, you will have to repeat the year.) I didn't know what was the matter; I figured the fact that I didn't do anything for uni was just my usual laziness. I ended up going to see a counselor a couple of times, and within no time at all I worked out that yes, it actually was uni that was depressing the fuck out of me. So I quit, I left, and I went to the UK, and it's worked out great. I love my course, I made friends, and I wouldn't want to leave again.

Sorry to go all word-from-the-wise. It's just that what you're describing is exactly how I was feeling a year ago. Anyway, have some hugs. *hugs*

[identity profile] hobbit-feets.livejournal.com 2008-11-24 01:10 am (UTC)(link)
Nothing wrong with a word from the wise! Indeed, I daresay it's a good thing we have the wise to get words from, otherwise where the hell would we end up?

Thank you. It's nice to get encouragement that the world isn't going to come crashing down because of this.

[identity profile] naked-persimmon.livejournal.com 2008-11-24 12:16 am (UTC)(link)
Leave if you're miserable. There is nothing cowardly about changing your life for the better

[identity profile] earlwyn.livejournal.com 2008-11-25 09:14 pm (UTC)(link)
WORKING FULL TIME IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEING A STUDENT. For one, days off are really excellent rather than just slung down in due homework stress.